We are very conscious about the impact that UV rays have on our skin, but are you aware of the effect that has on your hair? In summer as the skin, hair is exposed to the sun. As a result, one of the consequences could be ending the summer with dry and damaged hair, and this is due that the hair can dry out in extreme temperatures and with increased UV exposure.
In this blog post, we’re sharing with you a few tips on how to protect your hair this summer:
- Wear sunscreen on your hair
- Let your hair air dry- as we all know, hair straighteners and hairdryers will increase the chances of damaging your hair.
- Try to reduce the number of times you wash your hair, we know it’s difficult in summer and more when you are on holidays but if you don’t dip into the ocean then there is a need to wash your hair. The suggested amount of times per week is between two and three.
An additional tip, rinse your hair with cold water, it controls breakage, frizz and pesky flyaways plus improves blood circulation.
- Brush your hair with a toothcomb. If you have long hair, then you need to work on the ends first.
- Use a hair mask, and we will suggest you try Siberian hair mask. This mask restores damaged hair and hydrates the dry scalp and hair thanks to its main ingredients such as Burdock Oil (very high on vitamin A and essential fatty acids), Nettle Extract, Grapeseed Oil a great DHT blocker and Wheat Herm Oil (rich in Vitamins A, D, E also contains B1, B2, B3, B6, essential fatty acids, protein and minerals) among others.
You only need to apply this mask once a week and leave it a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 2 hours (the longer the better!).
Try their “Try-Out Package” and get ready to fall in love with your hair again.
- Last but not least, it’s also very important what you eat to keep your hair healthy. Make you add in your diet nutrients like protein, omega-3, vitamin A, C and E and Biotin which is a water-soluble B vitamin.